Are You A True-Blue Scholastican?
Being a Kulasa is defined by all the many happy and not-so-happy memories spent growing up in our beloved school. Here are just a few short ones gathered from relatives and friends who grew up the Scholastican way.
You know you're a Kulasa if:
1. You've tasted stone soup.
2. You've eaten German cookies.
3. You have been made aware of the Hiroshima & Nagasaki nuclear bombings and its' impact.
4. You've joined a noise barrage (or two or three...)
5. You know "the tunnel of truth/lies".
6. You have been a patron of the various merchants right outside gate 6 selling aquarium fish, baby chicks, candy, plastic bubble, jackstones, hairclips, ice cream and mangga't bagoong.
7. It is common knowledge that there is a "star section" even if teachers deny it.
8. All your accessories are either blue, black or white.
9. When you see music notes, you read them as“ta ta ti ti ta ta ti ti ti ti ta ta.”
10. You immediately check and fix your uniform whenever the discipline head (Ms. Salazar) approaches.
11. You wonder how Mrs. Pengson seems to have never worn an outfit twice.
12. You've tried duplicating the signature of Mrs. Pengson.
13. You observe the unspoken law that if you belong to a lower batch, you are not entitled to hang near the stone tables.
14. When you became a senior, you used the “POWER OF THE BADGE” at least once.
15. You have no problem whatsoever sitting on the floor.
16. When you sit, you instinctively gather the folds of your skirt between your legs.
17. Your skirt pocket is extra-heavy. It can contain your wallet, brush, mirror, handkerchief, tissue, ballpen, rosary and even a mobile phone (for the present generation).
18. When you run, you automatically clutch your skirt pocket lest anything falls out..
19. You've made fun of, even ridiculed, Assumptionistas several times.
20. You are familiar with the phrase “Ooo Chinggawa Ooo Ooo Chingga Chinggawa”
21. When you chance upon friends in malls or restaurants, you greet each other as if it's been years (complete with shrieking, stomping and patting).
22. You are loud (but not obnoxious).
23. You are an expert in debates.
24. You never use the ladies room beside the physics room because of ghost.
25. You know or have joined Days With The Lord.
26. You know Let’s Cheer For St Scholastica and Come Loyal Benedictine Children by heart.
27. You can distinguish between a late slip, absent slip and index card.
28. You bow your head each time you hear "That In All Things God May Be Glorified" and "Praise be Jesus Christ Forever and Ever Amen".
29. You know how to make a parol or christmas lantern using recycled materials.
30. You've used the bannisters as a slide a couple of times.
31. Back in grade school, each time there is a birthday celebrant, the whole class chants “Happy Birthday ___! How old are you? Jump ____ times!
32. Ora et Labora is forever going to be your motto.
33. You are game for anything!
34. You dissected a frog in high school.
35. You've made a Volcano.
36. You've had to go through the emotional, mental, and physical torture that is Clearance Week.
37. You've had to reserve something at the AVR/Computer Lab/Science Lab.
38. You've attended Family day (because it wasrequired).
39. You've had a close encounter with a higad (caterpillar) or have been "attacked" by one.
40. You competed in a grad song competition.
41. You became a "lil sis"
42. You became a "big sis".
43. You're scared of going to that bathroom under the computer labs.
44. ...and that fear has something to do with the curious fact of it not having mirrors.
45. You've waited for a teacher on the foyer. (whether or not for 'official business') :))
46. You've ambushed teachers for clearance.
47. You've watched something in the Little Theatre.
48. You've watched something in the St. Cecilia's Hall.
49. You've signed the library slip.
50. You've had swimming classes at Subiaco.
51. You've worn your gala and pumps.
52. You've been to the retreat house!
53. You've had laughtrip moments with your friends at the counters/stones/mahogs.
54. You've called the librarian "Manang"
55. You call teachers "Ms." and "Sir".
56. You sometimes refer to the bookstore as "NATIONAL".
57. Kulasas have the most chaotic "Peace be with you" greeting during holy mass.
58. The a/v projector is always referred to as "OHP".
59. You can effortlessly carry on a conversation while on the 3rd floor with someone on the ground floor.
60. Your reaso for being late is either "BUMPER TO BUMPER TRAFFIC" or "TRAFFIC ALONG THE STAIRCASE" or "LOST TRACK OF TIME".
61. You are an expert at "meeting de avance"
62. You know at least 8 of Shakespeare's works.
67. You've memorized the majority of the fallacies even before college.
68. You spritz on cologne when having your class pictures taken. Hahaha!
69. You dislike reply slips.
70. You know the story of the German Sisters.
71. You've gone on field trips, rallies and Outreach/Immersion programs to be more "socially aware".
72. You are a feminist
73. You are very familiar with the steep dark stairs of the high school building.
74. You had Sewing, Cooking, and Typing Classes for Home Economics.
75. You can write, direct and produce a play in one week.
76. You know what "O", "VS", "S", "MS" and "NI" mean.
77. Morning Praise, First Friday Mass and school gatherings at field, gym & St. Cecilia's Hall are routine.
78. Soirees, school dances, proms and the grad ball were something to look forward to.
79. When you go up the stairs, you always those not in the "LANE" to "KEEP RIGHT".
80. "FASTER PLEASE,BATA.." is most often heard at the drinking fountains.
81. During the sign of the cross, the word OF is emphasized (and OF the son,and OF the holy spirit..)
82. You ask for AMMONIA at the slightest hint of a dizzy spell (self-prescribed).
83. You know that the MALONG is the Philippines' national costume and can be worn in so many ways.
84. You never go to the mall wearing your school uniform...unless you're with your parents (Strictly forbidden).
85. You can walk in the rain without an umbrella.
86. You've slept in the clinic at least once.
87. You always participated in UN Day during grade school.
88. After first and second bell, you can still be found loitering in the corridors.
89. You remember knot-tying, most specially the SSCSHEP SSCSHANK (sheepshank)" and rappelling down the side of the grade school building with fondness.
90. You become a boisterous fan of the faculty during concerts.
91. You learned how to spell dysmenorrhea early.
92. You can change from your uniform into your P.E. outfit in an open space.
93. You call all security guards "MANONG GUARD".
94. You will never forget Indarapatra't Sulaiman and Ibong Mandaragit.
95. During the Angelus, everyone stops whatever they are dong to pray along. Uniform
Sprit of the...
96. You've played spirit of the glass, spirit of coin and spirit of the ballpen.
97. You were an active player in the games Monkey Anabelle, Langit Lupa, Chinese Garter, Chinese Jackstones, Jackstones, Agawan Base, Patintero, Touch The Color & Pepsi 7-Up during grade school.
98. Sportsfests and G.A.L.S.Cheering Competition were highly anticipated.Our Father
99. You believe that St. Scho's version of the Our Father is the best ever!
100. You hated Marian Dress day because everyone was forced to dress up in really frilly dresses with matching ribbons in your hair - hahaha!