Thursday Thirteen #5
Being a woman in our time is great. You are independent, respected, empowered. Just think about how far we've come from being merely decorative to being relegated to tending to the home then on to being considered an asset in the workplace. Here are just some "achievements" which a smart modern woman should have in her life...
1. An old love - one she can imagine going back to and or who reminds her of how far she has come.
2. Enough money within her control - to move out and rent a place of her own even if she never wants to or needs to.
3. Something perfect to wear - if the employer or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour.
4. A youth she would be content to leave behind - or a past juicy enough that will make her want to retell it in her old age.
5. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.
6. One friend who makes her laugh and one who lets her cry her eyes out.
7. A good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family.
8. Eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a meal that will make her guests feel honored.
9. A feeling of control over her destiny (like how to fall in love without losing herself).
10. Knowledge. It truly is power.
11. To acknowledge that she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips or her upbringing.
12. A place to go - be it to her best friend's kitchen table or a charming inn - when her soul needs soothing.
13. Courage - to quit a job, break up with a lover, fight for a worthy cause.
technorati tag: thursday thirteen