Thursday Thirteen #4
The worldwide web is truly amazing. You can search for practically anything and come out with a thousand possibilities with one click. I love surfing the net and oftentimes come across so many interesting sites by accident. As a result, my list of favorite haunts in IE just keeps on growing! Here is a peek at some that I make sure I check out at least once every day...
1. My emails. Yup. Plural. I have Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail and Excite. I have yet to wean my other friends away from the last two so I try to look at each daily just so I can redirect the strays.
2. My friends' blogs. What with all of us being so busy, sometimes this is the only way I can catch up with what's happening with them. Some of them are: White Rabbit, Unicorn Child, Mikey, CrazieQueen, Old Old Lady Of The Hills, GuitarChic, Mar, Chuch, Queer Chef and Empress Maruja.
3. Google. It is absolutely, indisputably the BEST search engine ever. 'Nuf said.
5. Radio. I almost always have it open while surfing. This is my favorite station - has been since I was in grade school. Pretty loyal listener, huh? I like to update my I-Pod with the songs that are on the Top 40 for the week.
6. Online Dictionary. Whenever I come across a word that stumps me, I immediately have to look it up.
7. Friendster. It is a cool way to keep track of friends, especially long-lost ones. I cannot even begin to count how many have found me through this medium.
8. Amazon.com. If I had millions, I'd probably be buying stuff from it all the time. Books would be the top purchase, followed closesly by CDs and DVDs.
10. My account. Since I work in a bank, I have learned that it is prudent to keep track of one's money at all times.
11. Online Directory. This is a fab way to get around the metropolis, even find the best take-out.
12. Family Site. Since our Grand Reunion a year ago, it has become a habit to check it out for correspondence with faraway kin or latest updates on the fam.
13. YouTube. A veritable treasure trove of the most obscure videos from your childhood to mindless shenanigans by shameless camwhores. Guarantees hours of pure entertainment.The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
P.S. Make sure you check out my roomie!
technorati tag: thursday thirteen