Thursday Thirteen #2
Thirteen Pieces of Good Advice
Last week's post kinda gave you an idea of the hours I clock in at the office. I am under so much stress that Mondays usually already make me look forward to the weekend. There is a saying, though, that if you don't stop and smell the roses, life will just pass you by. And so, little by little, I am trying to wean myself from being irritable me to a person who knows how to value the little things in life. Here are a few tips that make a lot of sense and hopefully will keep me on the right track:
1. Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.
2. Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.
3. Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
4. Drive carefully. It's not only cars that can be recalled by their maker.
5. It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
6. Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.
7. Since it's the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.
8. The second mouse gets the cheese.
9. When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
10. Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
11. We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box.
12. A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour.
13. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
technorati tag: thursday thirteen