Got tagged by two friends last week so am dutifully posting my answers, albeit belatedly...
I received this meme from Empress Maruja asking for my 10 Simple Pleasures in life. Well, here are mine, though not necessarily in order:
1) BOOKS. I admit it. When it comes to books, I am a nerd. I love reading. I take pleasure, nay relish, words.
2) MOVIES. I love watching films, especially old Hollywood musicals. I usually have musical marathons at home.
3) TELEVISION. Pray tell, who can live without the idiot box nowadays? Certainly not me. I proudly credit Sesame Street and the Electric Company for teaching me English in my primary years.
4) MUSIC. I have to have music playing somewhere in the background. Whether studying, working, in the car, in the loo. Just gotta have it. Old Blue Eyes takes me to dreamland every night.
5) FOOT REFLEXOLOGY. The Chinese really knew one of the best-kept secrets for generations. I swear by how one session can wipe out all the stress, fatigue and body aches working hard for a living brings about.
6) SALMON SASHIMI - Thank goodness for Triple V's All-You-Can-It buffet! I can just keep going back for this each and every time.
7) FAMILY - No matter where I am or what I do, it is truly humbling and comforting to have family to come home to.
8) FRIENDS - Must-haves to keep me sane.
9) MY DOGS - They give unconditional love and are always happy to see me.
10) KARAOKE - One such "attack" had me going at with friends for 7 hours!
From Unicorn Child, came this Alphabet Attack:
A - America or England? England! Although I love San Francisco and New York, I definitely want to see the London Bridge, Westminister Abbey, Oxford University, West End and so forth in this lifetime.
B - Beauty or Personality? Beauty. Although it IS only skin-deep, it is a fact that many people get by (with murder sometimes) on looks alone. Never mind if they have brains the size of a pea. Besides, personality can be developed.
C - Cats or Dogs? Let's put it this way. I don't foresee myself lining up at the pet store to look at felines, feisty or otherwise - ever.
D - Dance or Sing? I think by now you'll already have an idea of what I'd choose. Lalalala.
E - Extrovert or Introvert? Introvert. There are a lot of times when I simply want to be alone.
F - Fiction or Non-fiction? Fiction. I need it to balance out my reality.
G - Goofy or Pluto? Pluto. I love how he manages to get out of the scrapes he is in. Goofy is just too strange for me. And I hate his (goofy) chuckle.
H - His/Hers or Yours? Mine.
I - Irritated or Irritating? Irritated. I get pissed off easily but it passes quickly too.
J - Juice or Yoghurt? Juice. Never did like yoghurt.
K - KFC or McDonald's? KFC! Mmmm...yum!
L - Love or Lust? Love because it is all-encompassing and timeless.
M - Money or Looks? Money. With lotsa money, you can easily improve your looks.
N - Night or Day? Night. I think better at night and in the wee hours of the morning.
O - Older or Younger? In a future spouse? Older. I get impatient if we're not on the same wavelength.
P - Pale or Burnt? Burnt. Tastes better although the surgeon general warns it may be carcinogenic.
Q - Questioned or Answered? Answered. I hate hanging questions.
R - Red or Blue? Blue. It's calming.
S - Stay or Go? Stay - I think.
T - Take or Give? Give. I like the feeling I get when what I give is appreciated.
U - Usage or Style? Usage. I'd much rather have bang for my buck.
V - Vain or Plain? Vain. Sort of.
W - West or East? East. It's more spiritual.
X - Xena or Wonderwoman? Wonderwoman. She kicked ass before. She still does now. I wanted to be Linda Carter while growing up.
Y - Yes or Maybe? Yes. They say you only live once.
Z - Zip or Unzip? Zip, of course! If I can help it, no way am I walking around with anything unzipped.