Finally got around to responding to Jennie's tag. Wanted to be able to give it the concentration it deserved. After some quiet reflection, here goes:
Name ten of life's simple pleasures that you like most, then pick ten people to do the same. Try to be original and creative and not to use things that someone else has already used.
In no particular order:
1. Getting jumped on in bed by my dogs Natasha and Nadia as soon as they sense I'm awake. They are always excited to see me no matter what.
2. Email or text messages from long-lost friends out of the blue.
3. Having an appreciative audience (my family) whenever I'm in concert mode (a.k.a. karaokefests).
4. Hearing rain outside my window. (I so love the rain).
5. Being able to have DVD marathon nights with family or friends.
6. Locking myself up in my room to finish the books that I recently purchased.
7. Putting on old LPs of Frank Sinatra and playing it all day long.
8. Postponed/cancelled office meetings that were expected to last way into the night.
9. A short message from my boss or colleague saying thanks or job well done.
10. Getting a full day off to just have a me-day for a haircut, hot oil massage, foot spa, manicure/pedicure and a massage - the works!
11. Eating one of my mom's specially-prepared breakfasts.
12. Finding wonderful comments from my blog buddies.
13. Hugs. (Especially those bear hugs that envelop you and last for longer than a few seconds).
14. Watching movies or grabbing a bite with friends on the spur-of-the-moment.
15. Ordering Starbucks' venti coffee frapuccino with whipped cream and hazelnut syrup at the end of a particularly long and gruelling work day.
16. Sitting in silence in church to have one of my heart-to-heart conversations with God.
See, I broke the rules. I gave more than 10 things. Am also not tagging anyone this time. If you feel like doing this, my kudos to you for finding happiness in life's simple pleasures.