Mondo Bizzarro Times Two!
Since I have never been one to shirk from a meme, am playing along with this one gladly. This time around, got tagged by both Unicorn Child and Friday's Child.
The rules/procedures are as follows:
The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits of yourself," and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says "You are tagged" (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.
Here are mine:
1. I dislike chocolates with nuts. Intensely. Regardless of whether it is macadamia, brazil, almond, pecan, cashew, or whatever other exotic variety there is, no matter how expensive or rare it may be, thanks, but no thanks. It's just gotta be plain milk chocolate or chocolates with wine, cream, milk, caramel, crisped rice or some sort of flavoring for me. Never nuts. When I crave chocolate and there isn't anything else without nuts, I obsessively remove the nuts and just eat the chocolate. Same goes for chocolates with fruit. Cadbury's Fruit And Nut combination (the horror!) will forever be banned from my refrigerator.
2. The first thing I do when I come home is go to my room (with my dogs excitedly trailing after me), dress, and immediately go to the bathroom to very thoroughly wash my face, hands and feet. This is without fail, even when I'm dog-tired. Some people have warned me about its dangers time and again. That it's bad to wash up when one is tired, that one has to rest first lest he/she gets spasms, or even worse, be paralyzed. I've heard these over and over for more than half my life yet I can't seem to kick the habit. I don't know why but I have this overwhelming need to wash off the dust and grime (and stress) accumulated during the day each time.
3. I love lip balm. You will lose count of how many times I dab them on during the day. I go through little jars of them (favorites are Body Shop's Born Lippy line of strawberry and watermelon and L'Oreal's Colorshine) very quickly. Fortunately, I have generous family members and friends who have been kind enough to indulge me so I seldom have to buy for myself.
4. I cannot go to sleep without washing my face, hands, and most especially my feet, before I climb into bed. Then I cap it off by slathering on an obscene amount of lotion on them.
5. Contrary to the picture above, I cannot go to sleep without a blanket, socks or some sort of material covering my feet. Be it numbing cold or sweltering heat, on a comfy bed or in a tent, my feet have just got to be covered. I do this because of my fear that some cockroach, bug , or (god forbid!) mouse might want to brush up or run across my feet during the night. Ugh! That would definitely ruin any hope of pleasant dreams for me.
So there. Just five of my strange (but lovable) habits. I actually have a couple more but I wouldn't want people to think I'm bordering on neurotic - lol!
Next up, who to tag. Hmmm. Toughie. After careful thought, I think I'll go with:
Alright, my friends, now it's time to let others see what you're made of...hehehe.