Learnings From Chinese And Indian Movies
1. The hero's parents will always be unlucky and will usually be killed by enemies while the hero is young. The hero will then become an orphan seeking revenge.
2. When a man is wounded and dying, he always manages to catch his breath and speak a few sentences to reveal the killer before dropping his head and dying.
3. It is a must for all characters to be able to fly over rooftops, run like the wind, balance on 1-inch beams, jump over and execute multiple cartwheels on tables, chairs and other surfaces.
4. Skilled people are able to fly over houses, hills and across great distances without sweating. But when traveling to towns and villages, they still have to walk or ride horses.
5. The hero need not work for money, but will always have an abundance of gold and silver coins with him to use as payment during his journey.
6. In one way or another, the hero and villain will meet each other quite often, no matter how big the country is and despite travelling in opposite directions.
7. Healing internal wounds in the body is as easy as sitting down cross-legged with palms on knees. Sometimes smoke even comes out of the head to signify healing.
8. Everyone can keep a lot of stuff in their sleeves and waistbands and never drop them (from coins to swords) .
1. A man will show no pain even while taking the most ferocious beating but will wince when a woman tries to cleanse his wounds.
2. The hero cannot fall in love with the heroine (and vice versa) unless they perform a dance number in the rain first.
3. Once applied, make-up is permanent, in rain or in any other situation.
4. Two lovers can be dancing in the field and out of nowhere, 100 people will appear from god-knows-where and join them in the dance.
5. In the final scene, the hero will discover that the bad guy he is up against is actually his brother and the maid who looked after him is his mother and the chief inspector is his father and the judge is his uncle and so forth.
6. Key English words used in the movie (usually said out loud between sentences) are "No Problem!", "My God!", "Get Out!", "Shut-up!", "Impossible!" and "Please forgive me!".
7. Characters fall on the ground and roll around while singing then get up with different clothing.
8. They can run around trees, sing, dance, bat their eyes, throw glances at each other and change clothes all in one go without running out of breath.
Movies like these are such fun, provided of course, that you suspend all disbelief and live in the moment. In a weird way, I wouldn't have it any other way.